Do you have any new years goals? Some call them resolutions, but others of us are put off by that term. Goals, however! Those are worth having! Still others, including myself, select a theme for the year.
My theme for the year is: whole-hearted. (Thank you, Brene Brown). Join the other 18 million viewers of her 2010 TED talk.
But I have specific more concrete goals too! Here are some of my goals:
- Drink more water on the mornings I teach at USC's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program! Getting dehydrated when busy is not the best for your health, but can be so easy to let happen. The signs of mild dehydration are often overlooked:
- Sleepiness or tiredness — children are likely to be less active than usual
- Dry skin
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Compete in a TBD race: bike? swim? run? triathlon? I have not competed in a race in five years. The last event I did was a half marathon in Madison, WI. Any suggestions for what I should compete in? (Local to southern California, I think).
- Finish my doctor of physical therapy program (transitioning from my master's of physical therapy degree). Last class this fall!
- Volunteer more as a physical therapist to benefit the community. My next planned event is with the healthcare team, representing USC at the LA Marathon. Any other events you'd like to see me at?
So what are your goals?
Together Let's Get Moving!